Nestled in a grove
Of flora and trees
Sits a magical structure
You might really need
When you drink too much water
Or spend too long in a bivy
You'll be thrilled to discover
This two-story privy.
In April/May, we held our very first Kula Cloth Design Contest. We had over 120 entries and over 6,000 votes. This design, Alpine Outhouse, was chosen as the recipient of our 'Founder's Choice' award.
This design was created by artist Liz King.
About 'Alpine Outhouse' and the artist:
Liz King comes from Canada's West Kootenays and has grown up playing in its mountain's. She has a great appreciation for the natural beauty in her home and, while not photo-acurate, is delighted when she manages to capture it in her art.
The Kula Cloth®has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz (-note: the artist series Kulas are slightly larger than the stock print Kulas due to a different process that we used to custom print each item individually)
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.