This design was created by Shelby Thayne, who is the artist behind Penn and Light. Shelby was the winner of our very first Kula Design Contest in 2020, and we are so seriously thrilled to have her back with another Artist Series design! Her first design sold out in about .000000045 seconds (ok, just kidding - but close).
(side note from Anastasia, Kula founder person who likes to write these product descriptions) The coolest part about doing our artist series prints is that every single print gives a portion of the proceeds to the artist. Giving and receiving are the same thing, and so it is truly a gift for us to have the ability to support and give to these amazing, incredible, and talented artists. One of the greatest joys of Kula has been watching the artists who create our designs continue to flourish and grow in their art careers. It has been a true joy to watch Shelby's art career progress and I am personally beyond proud of her and all that she has created in such a short time. May each of us know the joy of bringing a creation to life - whatever that might be.
About 'Midnight Moon' and the artist:
Shelby Thayne is a self-taught watercolor artist who grew up in the foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and now calls the Pacific Northwest home. She started painting as a stay-at-home mom to two small children and quickly fell in love with creating mountain-inspired watercolor art. She hopes her art helps people feel the beauty, majesty, and serenity of being in mountains. In addition to art, Shelby enjoys getting outside with her family, reading good books, and exploring new places.
About Kula Cloth®:
Kula has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- guaranteed super powers
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.