Head out on the trail
Carrying an overstuffed pack
Everything you need
Is right on your back
The quiet at night
Up above the night stars
Remind you just how
Truly special you are.
I still remember the very first time I saw people backpacking. I was in Glacier National Park and I saw a group of people with huge backpacks. "Where are they going?", I asked mom. When she explained to me that they were taking everything they needed out into the backcountry for a few days, my jaw dropped... PEOPLE DO THAT?!? I knew right then and there that I would learn how to backpack one day.
If you don't have access to backpacking gear and/or if it is something that you are interested in trying - there are so many resources out there and gear libraries that can help loan gear. In fact, I will personally loan you gear if it is feasible. There is always a way - and spending time in nature should be for all of us. I hope that each human on this planet has the experience of watching a sunset in a tent and listening to the sounds of the night as they drift to sleep - being held by the earth.
Anastasia (Kula founder)
Boring description of product that we should probably include in case you think this is a potholder (it's not a potholder):
This is more than just a cloth. This is the product of years of obsessing over a way to create a pee cloth that solves all of the problems of traditional pee cloth options. It is a real piece of gear (not an afterthought scrap or remnant of fabric) created out of a love for the community of people we serve and love for the wilderness experiences we seek. It is a small piece of history in the making. It is the first of its kind - an intentionally designed antimicrobial pee cloth for all the places you 'go'.
The Kula Cloth® has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz (note: the artist series Kulas are slightly larger than the stock print Kulas due to a different process that we use to custom print each item individually)
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.
Learn more about 'Backpacker's Guide to the Universe' and the artist Lyn Sweet: