Two sloths in a van
Are hitting the road
For a life of adventure
In a rolling abode
Give me four wheels
And forever to roam
It's the vanlife for me
Where I'm always at home.
Just when you thought a Kula couldn't get any KULA-ER (see what I did there?!)... we decided to do a collaboration with Lyn Sweet and Vanlife Diaries. IT'S TWO SLOTHS DRIVING A VAN ON A RAINBOW ROAD THROUGH A GALAXY OF GOODNESS. We know that's pretty obvious, but restating the obvious gives emphasis to the exquisiteness of this design. At least I think it does. Does it? I won't be offended if you don't agree.
A portion of the proceeds from this Kula will benefit The Brown Ascenders, a non-profit nonprofit organization created for and by climbers of color. The Brown Ascenders seeks to improve accessibility of outdoor spaces, outdoor related education and recreation for BIPOC adults and youths, while cultivating outlets for community, representation, and growth.
Boring description of product that we should probably include in case you think this is a potholder (it's not a potholder):
This is more than just a cloth. This is the product of years of obsessing over a way to create a pee cloth that solves all of the problems of traditional pee cloth options. It is a real piece of gear (not an afterthought scrap or remnant of fabric) created out of a love for the community of people we serve and love for the wilderness experiences we seek. It is a small piece of history in the making. It is the first of its kind - an intentionally designed antimicrobial pee cloth for all the places you 'go'.
The Kula Cloth® has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz (note: the artist series Kulas are slightly larger than the stock print Kulas due to a different process that we use to custom print each item individually)
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.
Learn more about Vanlife Diares and the artist Lyn Sweet:
About Vanlife Diaries and co-founder Kathleen:
Vanlife Diaries is a blog and instagram account that was started to connect people who made the choice to live a more nomadic lifestyle. Inspired by the idea of Vanlife? Check out their book! Kathleen, one of the co-founders of Vanlife Diaries, helped create the vision for this Kula to come to life. Kathleen is also the founder of Tiny House Tiny Footprint where she shares stories of those living small and inspires others to reduce their environmental footprint + connect with nature.