So, what's the deal with the Creepy Cat? Well, I'll tell you! In June of 2021, we posted a silly meme to our Instagram page with a photo of a cat wearing Victorian attire. Everybody thought it was funny... and so the next day... we posted it again. Contrary to popular belief, we do NOT have a scheduled social media publishing calendar - instead, preferring to create in the moment. Then, SOCIAL MEDIA RULES BE DARNED, we posted it for the third time in a row... because now, the fact that we were posting it multiple times was just as much of a joke as the meme itself. Somehow, we all started to fall in love with this Creepy Cat. It became the unofficial mascot of Kula Cloth, and we even asked our creative director Amanda to paint our very own version of the cat. We used the cat's image to raise money for non-profits ... and the cat really became a symbol of love, friendship, belonging - and really LEANING INTO your own unique goodness.
That's right, friends. You can be EXACTLY who you are. You can post a cat meme for 6 weeks weeks in a row - if that sort of thing floats your boat - and it can be just perfect. Be your wacky, wonderful self and let it SHINE.
We hope this Pizza Cat Kula gives you energized vibes that make you want to break into dance (or song) on the trail and bust a move at life. We've each got one of those - and it's time to take ourselves a lot less seriously.
We love you.
The Kula Cloth® has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 5.5 x 5.5 inches (note: the stock print Kulas are slightly smaller than the artist series/custom Kulas)
- weight per cloth is .5oz
- proudly made in the USA
- Instant enlightenment to a 5D reality upon use.
For more information about the use/care of a Kula, please read our FAQ here.
'Pizza Cat' is an original design by Kula Cloth creative director Amanda McIntyre.