CONGRATULATIONS to our 2023 Design Contest winner, Danamarie Hosler! Dana's design, "Follow Your Own Star', won the hearts of the Kula Community and was voted in to the Grand Prize spot. We are so thrilled to have Danamarie's incredible art on a Kula Cloth - and we cannot wait to see all of the places that this magical rabbit goes. This Kula really feels like something special - a little reminder that magic can be found in every moment of life. I hope it reminds you of the specialness and the magic that lives within you too.
About the artist Danamarie Hosler:
Danamarie Hosler (*might & mightyPigeon) is an autistic illustrator, fiber artist, muralist, and designer living & working in Baltimore.
She loves and relates deeply to the humble pigeon, with a passion matched only by her loathing of capitalizing letters (the lowercase ones are just so much cuter!)
Her online shop and instagram account are popular spots online, but her work can also be found in books & magazine, on public walls in baltimore city, on tables in local art markets, and on the shelves of boutiques & gallery shops around the country. In addition to the hundreds of custom pet & family portraits she’s been commissioned to do, you might also have seen her work in various exhibitions at the walt disney family museum, on merchandise & in print for such clients as the “my favorite murder” podcast, and baltimore’s own, charm city meadworks, and most recently, disney+ & the muppets studio, with her transitioning portraits featured in the original series “the muppets haunted mansion”.
Her work is based around the idea that art should be accessible and available to all people, in all forms, decorative, framed or cuddly. She considers *might & mightyPigeon to be equal parts art, education and advocacy.
About Kula Cloth®:
Kula has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- guaranteed super powers
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.