Wings beat so fast
Flying by in a blur
Feathers like a rainbow
A quick buzzing is heard
A magical moment
Hovering in the air up above
A hummingbird is
A being of love.
This is a special Kula for a special human and we will tell you why. Hummingbirds are special beings to a lot of people... but we happen to know that they are extremely special to Allison, the Director of Chaos and Fun here at Kula. Allison works endlessly to coordinate all of the amazing classes and instructors that we have at The Kula Academy. Unbeknownst to her, founder Anastasia and Creative Director Amanda McIntyre have been scheming about this Kula for awhile. We dedicate it to Allison and to all of the other hummingbird lovers out there. May the feelings you experience on your outdoor adventures and every time that you see a hummingbird remind you how special you truly are.
Here are the boring facts about a Kula (note: I cut and pasted this because it's too boring to write out every single time)....
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.
Learn more about the artist Amanda McIntyre:
(bio written by Kula founder Anastasia with Amanda's permission)
Amanda and I met through instagram. When we first started chatting, I had an innate knowing, "We are going to work together someday." I didn't know how that would happen, but for some reason, I could feel it. Today, Amanda is the creative director of Kula and she spends lots of time prepping Kulas and creating the magical little art that adorns everything we create - from postcards to our website. Our 'work' phone calls together usually start out discussing a Kula project, but gradually evolve into lovely conversations about being present and finding peace exactly where we are. I am so truly grateful for Amanda's friendship, creativity and vision. I could fill this space with Amanda's list of impressive accomplishments - but what I truly see in Amanda is something much greater than a fancy resume. Amanda is a gift in my life, and I am truly appreciative every day for her presence and the ability to work together. -AA
Website (to purchase Amanda's art or commission a painting): www.koicat.com
Follow Amanda on Instagram: @koicatcreative