About the artist, Cris Banana:
Cris is a Mexican illustrator based in Wānaka, NZ.
She loves bringing joy, colour and cuteness to the everyday through her whimsical designs.
Whether it’s a landscape or a bouquet of flowers, she’s not interested in imitating exactly what is already there, but to observe and interpret in her own way. Each piece she makes is an extension of herself and reflects her past experiences and who she is today.
She works with different mediums, such as watercolour, gouache, acrylic and digital.
Here are the details about a Kula, in case you needed to know them:
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz (note: the artist series Kulas are slightly larger than the stock print Kulas due to a different process that we use to custom print each item individually)
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.