Sings the bee
As it lands on a flower
Do you know who you are
Can you feel some of your power?
The bee as it flies
The flower as it grows
They can give us a glimpse
Of the love that we hold.
Do you love bees as much as we do? Here are some fun facts about bees:
One bee has to fly about 90,000 miles – three times around the globe – to make one pound of honey. The average bee will make only 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime. A honey bee visits 50 to 100 flowers during a collection trip. A honey bee can fly for up to six miles, and as fast as 15 miles per hour.
I'd like to pretend that I'm smart and that I knew all of that information, but if I'm being honest, I just googled 'amazing facts about bees'. Still, I hope that you learned something new - because I did. I learned that I'm really glad I'm not a bee. Except for the flying part, but I'd probably want to be a much faster bee than only 15mph.
Incredibly boring product description so that you don't think we are a bee hive colony sales company:
This is more than just a cloth. This is the product of years of obsessing over a way to create a pee cloth that solves all of the problems of traditional pee cloth options. It is a real piece of gear (not an afterthought scrap or remnant of fabric) created out of a love for the community of people we serve and love for the wilderness experiences we seek.
Kula is perfect for all of life's adventures... you can even use it at home as a zero waste alternative!
The Kula Cloth® has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 5.5x5.5 inches (note: the stock print Kulas are slightly smaller than the artist series/custom Kulas)
- weight per cloth is .5oz
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about the use/care of a Kula, please read our FAQ here.
About the artist: 'Bee Kula' print is an original design by Kula Creative Director Amanda McIntyre. The design features original watercolors of native plants and bees.