Don't leave home without one
If you're crossing a slope
Or climbing up ice
While attached a rope
You're looking so good
While you're carrying that pack
Messy hair, don't care
When you've got a nice axe.
Just admit it, that's an adorable poem. Do you remember when you bought your first ice axe? I was so stoked when I got mine, and I instantly felt very hardcore. That is, until I climbed my first volcano and realized that it was a long way down. On my first mountaineering trip, I forgot sunglasses and ended up wearing pink ski goggles the whole time. I also forgot toilet paper. Go figure - is it super ironic that I founded a pee cloth company? The universe works in mysterious ways. I still love my ice axe, and I hope you love yours too.
Super boring and necessary product description so that you don't think you are about to purchase my autobiography of mountaineering:
This is more than just a cloth. This is the product of years of obsessing over a way to create a pee cloth that solves all of the problems of traditional pee cloth options. It is a real piece of gear (not an afterthought scrap or remnant of fabric) created out of a love for the community of people we serve and love for the wilderness experiences we seek.
Kula is perfect for all of life's adventures... you can even use it at home as a zero waste alternative!
The Kula Cloth™ has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 5.5 x 5.5 inches (note: the stock print Kulas are slightly smaller than the artist series/custom Kulas)
- weight per cloth is .5oz
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about the use/care of a Kula, please read our FAQ here.
About the artist: 'Nice Axe' print is a collaboration with artist Emery Allard Smith. Kula founder Anastasia Allison was inspired to commission this pattern based on her love for mountaineering. The concept of the design was to incorporate an ice axe image with a 'glacial blue ice' mosaic. Emery took the basic concept and turned it into something far more beautiful than we ever imagined. Emery has a phD in astrophysics and loves working with numbers almost as much as they love creating art. We are so incredibly honored to work with Emery on unique, one of a kind art for Kula Cloth™.