You sleep in a bed
All comfy and warm
But often you miss
The thrill of the storm
Of sleeping outside
With walls oh so thin
Because the nighttime sky
Is our connection within.
Once, while snow camping, the snow melted out our stakes and blew the tent off the top of a mountain. Ok, I'm being dramatic. It mostly blew off the top of a mountain and we saw it tumbling, so we sprinted after it. Then we managed to snag it just before it went over the edge of a cliff (not actually kidding). It was a good thing, because it had our car keys in it. Oh yah, and all our gear. Man, that would have sucked. Here's a tip: when snow camping BURY YOUR DEADMAN ANCHOR STAKES LOWER THAN YOU THINK YOU NEED TO BURY THEM.
Boring product description so that you don't think we are a blog about how not to pitch a tent:
This is more than just a cloth. This is the product of years of obsessing over a way to create a pee cloth that solves all of the problems of traditional pee cloth options. It is a real piece of gear (not an afterthought scrap or remnant of fabric) created out of a love for the community of people we serve and love for the wilderness experiences we seek.
Kula is perfect for all of life's adventures... you can even use it at home as a zero waste alternative!
The Kula Cloth® has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 5.5 x 5.5 inches (note: the stock print Kulas are slightly smaller than the artist series/custom Kulas)
- weight per cloth is .5oz
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about the use/care of a Kula, please read our FAQ here.