This Kula Cloth™ Artist Series is a collaboration with PNW artist, Nikki Frumkin (@drawntohighplaces). As an artist, Nikki believes that art is infinitely powerful in its ability to connect people to the natural world and to each other. Her work combines pattern, vibrant color, and energetic lines in an effort to to capture and share the feeling of being in the mountains.
- double layer textile to promote clean wilderness, travel or urban hygiene
- super absorbent and soft
- advanced, silver-infused/antimicrobial super-absorbent textile
- eco friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- antimicrobial, durable, waterproof, "clean" side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using hypoallergenic plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- reflective detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .5oz
- looks really cool on your pack and in photos (tag us on IG! #staykula)
- proudly made in the USA
About the print and the artist:
Nikki created 'First Light' specifically for Kula Cloth™! In addition to being an incredibly talented artist, Nikki has also been a Kula Cloth™ tester and fan since the earliest prototypes were being made. We are so incredibly proud to offer this artist series print, as it embodies everything that Kula is all about: adventure, functionality, intentionality and the ability to feel proud of this piece of gear on your pack.
'First Light' is a one-of-a-kind print that features iconic mountains from the North Cascades: Eldorado, Glacier Peak, Challenger, Dome Peak and Luna Peak. Nikki writes about this piece, "This Kula design was inspired by the remote and rugged beauty of the North Cascades. I love being in the mountains as alpenglow turns the landscape pink, illuminating my favorite mountains and calling me further into the wild. I hope this design can remind you of who you are and how you belong to the wild."
Nikki Frumkin (PC Meghan Young)