Doesn't this Llama just make you happy?! Happiness is this weird thing isn't it - we all want it, but sometimes it seems so elusive. The more we chase something... the more it seems to escape our grasp. But what if happiness isn't something that we need to go find... what if we can just focus on where we are right now, and allow ourselves to feel the peace of this moment? What if we can look around and see the rightness and goodness of where we are exactly in this place?
Go ahead... I'll wait. Look around ... what do you see? Without getting in your head and thinking about memories or future planning... what is here in this exact moment? Your heart is beating .... your lungs are breathing and this is a beautiful moment of YOUR life. Isn't that remarkable? Many years ago, I had forgotten this 'simple' thing (which isn't so simple at all - when you really contemplate it). I spent a lot of time focused on what needed to change in my life SO THAT I could be happy. And guess what? The more that I focused on all the stuff that needed to be fixed... the more and more elusive that peace seemed to be.
It wasn't until I found the most simple thing of all - this exact moment - that I began to connect with the miracle of life. From that place - it isn't even about happiness or unhappiness - it's just about finding a sense of connectedness and peace with all beings... including with you... whoever might be reading my ramblings right now and wondering how in the heck we got HERE from a description of a pee cloth.
Learn more about 'Llama in Paradise' and the artist Kate George:
Website (to see more of Kate's work or to contact her): www.kategeorgepnw.com
Follow Kate on Instagram: @kategeorgepnw
Here are the boring facts about a Kula (note: I cut and pasted this because it's too boring to write out every single time)....
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz (note: the artist series Kulas are slightly larger than the stock print Kulas due to a different process that we use to custom print each item individually)
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.