We are so thrilled and excited to share our first collaboration with Trails Magazine!
With the purchase of this Kula, you'll also receive a special discount on the most recent issue of Trails Magazine (the code will arrive in your e-mail after purchase!).
Want to hear an even Kula-er story? The editor of Trails Magazine is a guy named Ryan... and long before I started Kula Cloth, I had the chance to be a gear tester for Backpacker Magazine. One of my gear testing editors?! Guess what... it was Ryan! So, it's really fun and serendipitous that we are having the chance to work together now on this beautiful Kula Cloth.
Trails Magazine is the only magazine that I subscribe to. And when I say that, I don't mean that they gave me a free subscription. I mean that I purchase a subscription every single year and I read this magazine cover to cover... usually a few times. The articles are meaningful and well written... and the photography is beautiful. I genuinely look forward to receiving my copy of Trails Magazine every single month - and I know that you will too.
First printed in 2022, Trails Magazine is the only print magazine for backpackers, hikers, and those of us who like to sleep in the dirt. Unlike outdoor adventure magazines of old, Trails is an independent quarterly, printed on high-quality paper, with an emphasis on superior storytelling, large-format photography, and longevity. Plus, it's print-only and subscriber-funded, meaning issues aren't filled with pages-upon-pages of advertisements.
About the artist: Emma Mary Murray:
Emma is an artist living in New Hampshire who loves writing, reading, climbing and skiing, her dog Hatchy, and competitive games of Bananagrams. She is excited about projects that explore the intersections of education, art, writing, and the environment, and she is passionate about community and mentorship in the outdoor space.
About Kula Cloth®:
Kula has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- guaranteed super powers
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.