Kula Cloth Official Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This is, without a doubt, the *MOST IMPORTANT PAGE* on our website. Hands down. No questions asked. Full stop. I legit don't care if you ever even buy a Kula... but PLEASE, OH PLEASE, just promise me that you will make and eat these cookies. I love chocolate chip cookies... in case you couldn't tell. Also, if you love chocolate chip cookies as much as I do... we are probably soulmates.
That's me... I'm Anastasia, the founder of Kula, and I have a serious cookie 'problem' (who am I kidding... it's not a problem). I became obsessed with chocolate chip cookies many decades ago - and have been on the hunt for the perfect recipe. This is as close as I've ever gotten. For inspiration, I have turned to some of the 'greats' such as @taraobrady and @pamanderson - both of whom have influenced my cookie obsession greatly.
• In a large bowl, mix 100g of morena granulated sugar + 215 g golden brown sugar
• In a small saucepan melt: 1 block of kerrygold butter (approx 227g) melted (don’t boil) When the butter is melted, pour it in with the sugars and use a whisk until the mixture has combined and is creamy. The butter should blend in with the sugars after about 2 minutes of whisking.
•To butter/sugar mixture, whisk in 2 overflowing teaspoons of vanilla extract + 2 eggs (I whisk them in 1 at a time).
• In a medium bowl mix: 415g all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1 1/2 tsp salt. Stir flour mixture together. Stir flour mixture into the wet mixture.
• On a cutting board, chop 1 caramel filled milk or dark chocolate bar of your choice and 1 additional chocolate bar (if I am using a caramel filled milk chocolate bar, then my solid bar is usually a dark chocolate bar). Add chopped chocolate bars to dough. Add other fillings as needed - I usually add chopped heath bars + peanut butter chips (side note: chocolate hazelnut bars are an amazing
• Stir chocolate into cookies and place dough in fridge for 25-30 min. *note* I prefer to FREEZE the dough before baking as the cookies will flatten out less and be much larger and puffier. So, if you are patient, I highly recommend freezing the dough in pre-sized balls. For reference, my dough balls usually weigh about 230g (I wasn’t kidding when I said these were mega).
• To bake: Preheat oven to 350. Scoop cookies with an ice cream sized scoop (seriously, I make them mega). If you are baking them from the fridge, bake for 15 minutes before checking... and up to 17 minutes total. If you are baking from frozen, I usually bake for about 17 minutes. Cookies should be very lightly golden brown on the top. They are best when you cool them before eating so that you get a slightly doughy center.
• 100 grams morena granulated sugar
• 215 grams golden brown sugar
• 227g (1 block) of Kerrygold unsalted butter
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 Eggs
• 415g all purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 caramel filled milk or dark chocolate bar of your choice
• 1 additional chocolate bar
• chopped heath bars + peanut butter chips
YOU ARE LOVED, COOKIE FRIEND.