Hit the road with this fun, cheerful design and help support an incredible organization.
About the Artist
June L. Park
June expresses in their art the energy between the natural world and their identities as a Korean, American, Idahoan, immigrant, femme appearing non-binary, and lover of outdoor/rural life. They hope their flavor of "just being" encourages others to acknowledge and celebrate the multitude of identities we each hold. None of us wants to be boxed into stereotypes that don't fit.
They immigrated to and grew up in Idaho where they ran wild outdoors for most of their childhood, and now continues to run wild outdoors in Central Oregon. As a weekend warrior who enjoys sleeping in the back of their SUV, their dream is to own a van to go off grid for month-long adventures with their spouse Chris and little wild child puppy Leche.
Harnessing energy for their creativity also means making sure to give back to the communities and landscapes that inspire their art. They commit to giving a portion of all their art sales to supporting the communities and preservation efforts in the places that inspire them - for example, their Desert is My Jam collection is focused on giving to the Chúush Fund, an effort to repair clean water infrastructure at the Warm Springs Reservation near their hometown.
You can find June's work here , on their Instagram, or through their etsy.
Here are the facts about a Kula (note: I cut and pasted this because it's too boring to write out every single time)....
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- size is approx 6x6 inches
- weight per cloth is .63oz
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about use/care, please read our Kula FAQ here.