The perfect athletic underwear doesn't ex.................. <insert stunned silence with a gaping jaw>
Introducing Pyka Pants... the world's first hybrid undershorts for anybody who squats when they pee. Pyka pants started as an idea in 2008... and have been in the design process since 2018.
Pyka Pants features an original print by Kula artist and creative director Amanda McIntyre. This fern print was meant to capture a 'fractal' design - a type of pattern found in nature. Fractals remind us that there is something special that connects us all - that even though we are individually different and unique, there is a love that binds all of us together.
We have put a lot of love into the design of our Pyka Pants - and they are all made right here in the USA. We hope you love them as much as we do, and we can't wait to see them on your adventures.
How can you use Pyka Pants?
They are meant to be worn under normal hiking pants as your underwear... but they also work as standalone shorts for any athletic activity (or even just lounging around!). You can use them as a swimsuit for alpine lake dives... and they also work *perfectly* under a hiking dress or skirt.
- single layer wicking fabric on 'body' of shorts (i.e. black fabric) is quick drying and moisture wicking. These will not feel like a standard, thick spandex yoga short - so they are perfect to wear as your underwear and will fit easily under your hiking pants.
- smooth, high waistband prevents chafing from hiking pants or backpack
- pocket in waistband at back is the perfect size to stash keys, a bar or even a cell phone
- made in USA
- can be used as shorts or underwear
- gusseted crotch for ease of movement
- size XS weighs approx 2.64 oz
Pyka Inseam is 6” size XS-L, 6 1/8” XL, 6 3/8” 2XL, 6 ½” 3 XL, 6 ¾” 4 XL & 7” 5XL. This is measured from the center of the crotch panel.
Materials: Single layer wicking fabric (body of shorts) is 100% polyester. Waistband and side stripe are 84% micro poly and 16% Spandex - Ultra-Light Performance Body Flex.
Care: Machine Wash Cold, Gentle Cycle, Remove Promptly. Line or Tumble Dry.
Sizing info below - please take measurements and use our size chart when determining the proper sizing for your Pyka Pants.
A note on sizing: After testing, it is our understanding that the shorts run true to size. If you are between sizes, we recommend using the size that fits your low hip and thigh measurement most accurately. So, if your waist is a 34 but your hip is a 43 - we would recommend sizing up to the large.
- Item must be unworn, unused, undamaged, and with all tags and gusset covers still attached to the item.
- If your return is approved, it will be processed within 1-2 weeks once received by our returns department. We appreciate your patience.
- To start a return or of your Pyka Pants, please click here.
- At this time, we are not doing straight exchanges of Pyka Pants, so if you would like to change sizes, please return your unused pair and place an order for a different size.